2 Minute Read:
Have you had trouble losing weight? Are you unhappy with your figure? Do you feel your clothes are constantly too tight, making you self-conscious about wearing certain outfits?
Perhaps it’s time for a new body for the new year!
Like many, you may find that a few pounds creep on as you get older. You still enjoy your social life and keep up the same fitness routine as you did in your 20s, but the weight doesn’t seem to shift off quite as easily.
What Is Liposuction?
Liposuction is a commonly performed cosmetic procedure that removes unwanted fat from select areas of the body, such as the abdomen, hips, thighs, knees, and arms.
Results can start being seen immediately; however, it can take several months to see the full results.
What Are the Benefits of Liposuction?
- Liposuction is a safe way to remove fat
- Liposuction permanently removes fat cells
- Fat loss can help improve your overall health
- Liposuction improves your appearance
- Liposuction can remove fat that even exercise and diet can’t
What Is a Tummy Tuck?
A tummy tuck, also known as abdominoplasty, is a surgical procedure to remove excess fat from the abdominal area, improve muscle tone and contour, and remove excess skin that can hang down. This surgery may also be combined with liposuction to remove fat deposits in the thighs or buttocks.
What Are the Benefits of Tummy Tuck Surgery?
- Improved midsection contour
- Reduction of stress urinary incontinence
- Improved abdominal tone and better posture
- Ventral hernia correction
- Decreased back pain (if the pain was associated with poor posture due to bulging abdomen)
Liposuction Vs. Tummy Tuck: What Am I a Candidate For?
Many people who decide they want to get rid of the fat in their bellies are still unsure which technique is right for them.
While there are several considerations for candidacy, patients may be better suited for one more than the other. In general, patients with poor skin elasticity or hanging skin are better suited for tummy tuck surgery because it removes excess skin. Liposuction does not tighten skin.
In general, ideal candidates for both procedures includes:
- People within 30 percent of their ideal weight (at a healthy BMI)
- Adults with no medical conditions
Are You Looking for Tummy Tuck and Liposuction Services?
Dr. Robert J. Spies offers a wide range of cosmetic body contouring procedures. If interested in both cosmetic procedures, feel free to call (480) 359-1019 or fill out our online form to schedule a consultation.